Thursday, March 09, 2006

Gotcha!



Looking for something pointless yet fun to do!?
Want to play a funny trick on your beloved friends or family!?
If the answer is yes to any of the above then explore the fabulous world of celebrity soundboards.
There so many soundboards on this site. Some of my favorites are: Napoleon Dynamite Judge Judy Dr. Phil

But the funniest thing is to check out the prank calls people have made with the soundboards.

I thought I'd try to be sneaky and make a prank call with the Napoleon Dynamite soundboard. So first I made a practice call to Rojelio. Of course he knew it was me considering my name and picture comes up when I call him, not to mention he was just in the other room. But he humored me and played along. After a few verbal exchanges he fired back with a soundboard of his own on the other computer. We ended up with dueling Napoleons.

Now that I was a "pro" I thought I would really venture out and try it on someone else. She I rang up my co-worker Shannon. Well she didn't answer her phone so Napoleon left her a voicemail. As he was leaving the voicemail she called back. I was in a slight panic not knowing if I should, 1. Not answer 2. Answer as myself or 3. Answer as Napoleon. I chose 3. Well it started out funny, so I thought. I was able to manage HELLO and HOW'S IT GOING. But her replies weren't going as smoothly as I would have liked. I started to get unnerved and the conversation (if you could call it that) started to not make much sense. She realized something was up I'm sure and began speaking Spanish, probably saying bad things to or about me. I had no idea what she was saying much to my dismay.

I decided to go ahead and try again. This time calling my parents house to play a fast one on my mom. Well my dad answered. As soon as I heard his voice I knew it wasn't going to go well. Of course he asked who it was a few times. Napoleon was prompt and appropriate with the responses. Finally he said "You have the wrong number buddy" and hung up. A minute later I received a call from my brother Pete, who just happened to be at my parents house when Napoleon called. Well unbeknownst to me my parents began getting caller ID a few weeks ago. They saw it was my cell phone number after my dad hung up and called back thinking I lost my phone or it got stolen and some guy ended up with it. Another successful prank call.

So have fun with the soundboards. Post any funny stories about prank calls you try, maybe you'll have better luck than Napoleon. We are in no way endorsing making random calls, its actually funnier and safer to call people you know.

Enjoy, ANNIE

3 comments:

Annie and Rojelio said...

So I got 2 calls from "Stewie" (Family Guy) this evening. Somebody is having fun! But who!? Stewie was smart enough to block his number.
humph . . . ANNIE

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh!! Yes I was!!!!
"Blast you and your estregenical treachery"

Annie and Rojelio said...

So Stewie watch out I have connections. My dad works for the phone company!