Saturday, August 12, 2006

School? Work? Huh?

Wednesday August 9, 2006 was my first day on the job, well orientation anyway. Rojelio didn't have to go to work until later so my day started with a good home cooked breakfast. Thanks Rojelio!

Working at a school I always questioned whether to say "Hey, I'm going to work" or "Hey, I'm going to school." I guess both could be correct technically. Neither sound fun. When you say "work" it implies you are being paid, which is good. When you say "school" it makes you appear younger, which could be good depending on how you look at it.
Annie F. Hokett, MA, CCC-SLP
Speech-Language Pathologist
Verona Elementary School
Augusta County Public Schools

Okay I'm off to school . . . err . . . work . . . huh?
Only if all life's dilemmas were as simple as this.
I just happen to be one of the lucky ones that's right next to the playground. I think I might put a note on my door, "If not here please check swings."

P.S. I miss my CECC friends - yeah you know who you are.

3 comments:

JC said...

Lauren wants to play on that cool playground!

Anonymous said...

We miss you too Annie!!! Wishing you were at work yesterday. It was weird starting the new year out without you. Hope the new job is going well. You're going to have to plan on coming home for New Years Eve this year, because that is when Austin and I are getting married so plan on it!!! Talk to you soon.

Kelly

Anonymous said...

I want to play there too!!